Monday, September 3, 2007

Some disjointed thoughts on Michigan losing to Appalachian State

I'll bet you found yourself smiling when the ASU Mountaineers blocked a that last second field goal against the 5th ranked Wolverines. I personally was jumping up and down at Gallo's, screaming for Corey Lynch to get down after time expired. What exactly was he thinking? You fall down, and the game is over. You beat Michigan and pull the BIGGEST upset in college football history. Does it really matter if you win by eight points instead of two? Just get down! And if you do decide to run, don't get chased down by the kicker. Regardless, Lynch and the team from Boone, North Carolina made their mark on college football history. No I-AA school has beaten a ranked team, and I doubt it happens to a top five team ever again. It was truly amazing, but should we really be celebrating?

Buckeye fans like myself just couldn't get enough of the highlights and thinking of the potential smack talk when we arrive in Ann Arbor in a few months, but doesn't this hurt the Big Ten? I have to admit; I couldn't care less. I don't think we need to sit around and worry too much about how the country views us. First of all, that's out of our control. People are going to think what they want after our bowl performances, and there is not much we can do to change it right now. So, should we be happy about Michigan losing in the Big House to a I-AA opponent? Yes, I think it's safe to say we should. Our absolute arch rival is the laughingstock of the entire country right now. After January 8th, we knew what that was like. And guess what many of the Michigan fans did to us...The Gator chomp. I doubt they will be doing that anymore. I just wish the Mountaineers had some sort of recognizable hand signal for us to use come November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a funny guy! And I posted your first comment!!